Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new picture of Hailey's tree



I wanted to place an updated picture of Hailey's Angel Tree on here so you can see how beautiful it is. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice. We love it looking at it. I really brings me peace and comfort. We have tried to count the ornaments -which I have to add is nearly impossible- but we know that we have over 100 and are so grateful to everyone who has sent us an angel.

These last couple of days have been good. I had a hard day on Monday. I kept coming across things like receipts for baby items, Hailey's card that the hospital placed on her bed and other misc items that had been so exciting and brought so much joy and anticipation. Looking at them makes me remember all those wonderful feelings and now to have sadness and pain in place of them - well, it just made for a bad day.

I am grateful that I don't have those days everyday. I am grateful that most of the time I feel fairly strong. I don't remember if I posted this before, but Aaron and I were talking about the fact that we have physically felt the prayers that have been said on our behalf. We know that most of our strength at this time has come from the prayers of our family and friends. Thank you! We could not be making it through this time without all of you. Thanks to all of you who call to check in on us and for those of you who have helped keep us busy so that we have less "quiet time". We love you all!

2 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

nice to see our angel on top- makes me feel happy to share it with your family!

Laine said...

Awww, love it Melica. I am so happy it brings you peace.