Here are the pictures from Hailey's birthday celebration.
Each time we visit Hailey's grave we bring water so that we can clean it off. It is usually covered with grass clippings and dirt.
Lexy and the boys are writing their notes to Hailey.
Up they go. We have pink balloons for everyone to tie their notes to and send to heaven. Then we have white balloons. One for each year - so this year we had two.
It is hard to tell, but the cool thing is that the white ones always lead the way.
We had a small group there this time. I am grateful to have family close to do this with us.
We had two extra balloons this year so the kids let them go afterward by themselves. You can't tell it in the photo, but they circled one another while they went up.
Thank you Kirsten for taking these photos. We love them!
I really liked this photo. We put this Faith rock on Hailey's grave months ago. I guess the sun and weather has caused some cracking in the outside. It is quite symbolic to my Faith this year. It has been worn and weathered and has finally cracked, but despite that, just like this little rock is still one piece, I am still holding on. I haven't allowed it to completely crumble. I can't give up completely -- I have too much to live for -- my children (here and in heaven) and my wonderful husband.


3 comments:
Melica, You are beautiful and amazing and I admire you so much. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: Hailey (and Lexy and Nathan) is so lucky to have you for a mom!!
I love you, Melica. I love these photos, especially the one with you and Aaron and your arms around each other looking upward. What a beautiful, symbolic glimpse into your lives. I wish i were closer to you. Keep on hanging on. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.
What a beautiful post, Melica. I can feel your strength through the screen. I know the Lord is with you and your family, and I hope you know that there are a lot of people in the world who are continuing to think about you and pray for you and your family. We might not see each other, but you are often in my thoughts and prayers. Those wonderful moments you described in your post are proof of a loving Heavenly Father and the tender mercies He is forever sending our way. I love you. Thank you for sharing these thoughts and special moments with us!
Post a Comment